One of the fantastic things about remote controlled boats is that there’s always a different boat on the market for each type of user. Starting with the kid who’s just after something to have fun and race with to the die-hard enthusiast who has more money to spend, there’s a boat out there for everyone. However, when you’re on the lookout for the best RC boat for the money, particularly the top end models, there are a couple of things you need to realize.
- Pro Boat Impulse 31 Deep-V
This is a lovely RC boat with great looks and an outstanding performance. Pro Boat is well known in the world of enthusiasts for virtually everything you can think of; scale sailboats, fully licensed powerboats, and so much more. Also, they have an outstanding line of boats on the market. The quality of the Impulse 31 Deep-V is unrivaled, from tip to tail. This boat attains speeds of as high as 50mph just out of the box while it’s still on the water with no take offs or crashing.
- Great looks
- Practically indestructible
- Has the ability to reach 50+ mph
- Comes equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DX2E Marine radio along with an MR200 receiver
- Loads of batteries required (4 AA, 2 Ni-MH or 2 Li-Po) and 1 Dual Ni-MH or Li-Po charge plug
- Does not come with batteries and chargers
- Aquacraft Motley Crew FE Catamaran
This is an extremely fast both that is capable of hitting speeds of up to 75 mph. It comes with a brushless motor which is a 6-pole water-cooled 1800kV type andthe 60A ESC that has 4 mm bullet connectors along with Deans Ultra Plugs. For interference-free control, it uses the Tactic 2.4GHz radio technology. It’s definitely very fast, but at the same time, it’s remarkably easy to control for everyone to enjoy.
- Up to 75 mph speed
- Easy to control
- 6-pole motor
- Fiberglass construction
- Does not come with batteries
- No reverse
- Paint job is not the best